Sunday, July 15, 2012

Important Publishing News, a Word on the Myths, and Another Map Is Added

       On the page marked "Maps" I added the finished black-and-white map that will form the frontispiece for the print edition of "War of the Stolen Mother."  I found some errors in the text of the proof, so I uploaded another PDF.  Publication will be delayed a couple of days. 

AND NOW "STOLEN MOTHER" IS PUBLISHED!

        This morning I approved the publication of "The War of the Stolen Mother," Volume I of "The Labors of Ki'shto'ba Huge-Head." It should show up on Amazon within a day or two.  After I take a short break from the tedious business of formatting, I'll begin working on the Kindle version.  I still don't know what to do about the footnotes; I don't see any instructions in the Publishing Guidelines, but I think I can figure something out.

       Also, I just posted Chapter 6 of "Stolen Mother" here on this blog.  It's the climactic chapter for this preliminary section of the book.
       In relation to this chapter, I want to comment on the old Seer Thru'tei'ga'ma.  Of course, he stands in the role of Teiresias, the very famous Seer of ancient Greece.  Some of you may remember that Teiresias was blinded because he saw Athena as she was bathing.  In Thru'tei'ga'ma's case, he saw the Highest-Mother-Who-Has-No-Name as she was grooming her great belly.  Pay attention to his ramblings; they are some of the most important and comprehensive prophecies that will be spoken in the stories.  At any given point, if you return to those paragraphs and compare events  to what Thru'tei'ga'ma said, you'll say, "Oh, now I see what he was talking about!"
       A'zhu'lo fills the role of Iphicles, the twin of Hercules, although A'zhu'lo's story is almost entirely imaginary on my part.  A'zhu'lo is basically the lesser sibling who worships his big brother but can never compete with him, although he would very much like to.  Wei'tu has no equivalent in the myths, but Twa'sei, whose name means "Wood-Cutter," is clearly Hylas, which Rrobert Graves says means "Of the Woods."  And if you don't know who Hylas was in relation to Hercules, you'll just have to look it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment