Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Illustration No. 8 (Eighth of a Series)

Here is the second version of the picture I posted as No.7.  We see that A'zhu'lo finally got its head through and pretty much fell rather than jumped into the chamber below, knocking over the Holy Image in the process.  Za'dut is clutching the stones it had to remove from the lip of the Eye in order to allow its big-headed companion access.  Again, the picture could use some work.  I no longer use black to outline the termites; instead I use a dark orange.  But in spite of flaws, I think this one is pretty funny.
 
By the way, while you're here, you ought to back up and read my last couple of posts, which deal with characterization in my termite stories and also give you a glimpse of what's coming in v.2 ("The Storm-Wing").  I've almost finished the cover for that one, and I'll post it here as soon as I'm fully satisfied.

Click for larger image

No comments:

Post a Comment